First and very common question arise in every new bloggers’ mind is which one to use? WordPress or Blogger. If you have the same question then answer is here.
Every beginner has this question common and they get confuse between these two. Actually I had also faced this when I decided to start my own blog. So, here we are going to help you to choose from both of these by comparing features of both. After going through this you will be able to make choice from these two.
Blogger vs WordPress
- As we all know that WordPress is an open CMS source and you can easily extend features of it. Using WordPress Plugins (which are also available free on WordPress Plugin directory) you can extend features.
- Blogger has very good features but with limited tools available. So, by using such tools you can perform only specific tasks with your blog. There is no other way to extend features you want on your blog.
- WordPress is very secure with its latest update (WordPress 4.2) but as it is self hosted you have to set security and backups. This is not a difficult task as there are various plugins and tools available to perform such task.
- Blogger is a service provided by Google, so you don’t have to worry about all such things.
- WordPress has lots of free and premium themes, so by using it you can give your site/ blog a professional look. You can find every kind of free themes in WordPress theme directory and can also modify it according to your need.
- Blogger has by default limited set of templates but you can modify colors and layout of these templates. This modification is also limited; you can’t set it as your need. Third party templates are also available but those are not very effective.
- WordPress sites are portable, you can easily move your site from one domain to other and also from one hosting to other.
- Moving site from Blogger to other platform is very complicated and by doing so you can loose your traffic, SEO, Ranking and subscribers as well.
- WordPress has large active community support, community forums and chat-rooms where you can submit your problems and will get solution from experienced users and developers.
- Blogger has very limited support and very basic user’s forum.
Owner & Future
- WordPress is self hosted, so you are the owner of your site. You own your data and can control your site. As WordPress is an open source, so future of it is not dependent on any one. It is developed by community of developers and users and that’s why it is very popular and lots of users around the world are dependent on it.
- Blogger is a service provided by the Google, so you are not the complete owner of your site. However, you can publish your posts through it. As Google owns all rights of Blogger service, they can shutdown this service like other services (like Google Reader, Adsense for feeds).
So this is all you about Blogger vs WordPress with features. If you want to start your personal blog and don’t want to earn from it then use Blogger. But if you want to be professional blogger and want to earn some serious money then WordPress is best option. (You may also like WordPress alternatives) Kindly share your views with us through comment.