What do you know about Domain Authority (DA)? No idea at all then please go through this.
Domain Authority (DA) is an important SEO factor for your weblog and increment of it helps you to rank higher and to get more traffic.
Most of the new bloggers are not aware with this term even though it is related with SEO. If you have knowledge about DA then you can rank better by improving it and you will be one step ahead from your competitors. So let’s discuss What is Domain Authority and how to Increase it?
What is Domain Authority?
- DA is developed by Moz and through it the power of domain name is measured on the scale of 1 to 100 (higher is better) and that describes Domain Authority. In short it is a measurement of your domain.
- DA mainly depends on back linking means how many quality backlinks are pointing to your site?
- Using Moz Domain Authority checker tool you can check your DA score.
- Here one thing I want to clear that after checking DA score don’t be panic if it is low because it takes a time to score well.
- If your site is just 1-2 year old then don’t expect high score and you can’t change it like you can change Meta tag.
- But if you do some good practice from begin then you can earn good score within a short time period, so how to improve DA?
How to Increase Domain Authority?
This is the common question of all bloggers who have low DA score. The answer is very simple. As we had mentioned above that back linking affects most to improve DA score. So two things you have to do.
- Remove bad links
- Gain good links
For bad links, you have to first check all your backlinks and then you can contact the site to remove it or you can simply disavow it. Don’t know how? Then read How to use Google Disavow tool to Disavow links?
Now what to do to gain good links?
Quality and Related Content
- All the famous bloggers like Neil Patel, Rand Fishkin and Darren Rowse has said one thing common and that is [bctt tweet=”Content is the king for blogging field”]
- Nothing is as important as content in blogging field. By the content only you can hold your readers to your blog. Be more descriptive and write minimum 800-1000 words article. Use infographics in your articles. If your content is good then only other blogs will link with you or give link pointing to your blog.
- Moz explained that to improve DA you have to take care of overall SEO. Overall means overall like URL structure, robots.txt, meta tags, header tags, alt tags, keywords etc. Take care of all On Page SEO factors in mind while writing a post.
- With external linking, internal linking is also important. It is a powerful network within your site that weaves your site network. At last it helps both users and the search engines to crawl and index your site. Without internal linking your site is like pages without attachments.
Remove spam and broken links
- Check for spam and broken links at regular interval. As you know that spam links can harm your site performance. Due to spam links your site may get penalize by Google Panda, so don’t wait till a penalty strikes you. Precaution is better than cure so check for such links regularly and remove it.
With all these, you have to keep some patience because older your domain is higher the chances of increment in DA.
Domain Authority vs Page Authority
- Through Moz Domain Authority checker tool, you can check DA score. In that score card, you will find the Page Authority score and that is also measured out of 100. PA score depends on normal On Page SEO techniques means how rich your page is in terms of SEO.
- After seeing both scores, only one question raises in most of the peoples’ mind that what is more important, DA or PA?
- As per the well-known bloggers, Domain Authority score is more important than Page Authority. Why? Because PA score helps to rank any single page only while DA helps to rank your whole domain. Perfect answer of the question you can find here at Moz community site.
Below image shows the words of Neil Patel on DA, you can read it here. He has clearly mentioned that you can’t improve DA immediately. He has said to focus more on Content.
So, this is all about Domain Authority and if you like this, then share with others also. If you have more knowledge on this then you can mention it in the comment section below.