On page SEO matters a lot for any WordPress blog. For that, there are various SEO plugins available but WordPress SEO by Yoast is very popular and effective.
This SEO plugin offers you various facilities and using it you can make your On page SEO perfect. So, here we How to Blog team has made a special article on How you can Configure WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin for a better result.
WordPress SEO by Yoast is the best SEO plugin to use and you can easily install it. But after that you have to configure it properly to get the best result. So, here we are going to guide you about how to configure SEO by Yoast plugin and you just follow all steps.
[bctt tweet=”Better On page SEO, better you will rank”]
After installing and activating this plugin, you will find a new option in the left side panel of dashboard called ‘SEO’ under which there are total 7 main options given. So, we will understand and configure all one by one.
Configure WordPress SEO by Yoast Plugin
- Under this option total, four sections are available which are General, Webmaster Tool, Your Info and Security.
- Under General tab check ‘allow tracking box’, then provide info about you in Your Info section.
- In Security tab check ‘disable the advance part’ box.
- In Webmaster Tool section, you can place codes of verification from various webmaster tools like Bing, Google, Yandex, Pinterest and Alexa Ranking. So, nothing more here just paste HTML tag code here and verify your site
Titles and Metas
- Under this option, there are 5 various options, so we will configure each
- Just set all options given in the image below and save it
- In Title template box you can set your title line and exactly like that your main title line will appear on browser when your site is open and then add description of your site but up to 160 characters
- In all three Posts, Pages and Media just keep only title name and remove all other as seen in image
- For all three options Categories, Tags and Format just check noindex, follow box and keep everything else as it is
- Keep them as shown in image
- Set as shown in image
- Here you can add your Facebook, Twitter and Google+ account page link, so nothing more is here
Also read: How to configure All in One SEO plugin
- Under this option, four other options are available and here we just change two of them
- Under this tab we change only one option and that is Permalinks
- Set options appeared in the below image
- Under this option, three other options are given and it works like described below and use it according to your need.
- From here you can edit your robots.txt and .htaccess files
Import and Export
- This is a plus point of this plugin as they are providing this option. This option is very helpful to migrate to this plugin.
- If you are using any other SEO plugin and want to switch from that plugin to WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin then you can easily do by using this option.
- If you are using All in One SEO plugin then you can easily import all setting to this plugin and you can do it from import option.
- From here you can connect with your Google Webmaster Account which is now known as Search Console. For that click on ‘Get Google Authorization Code’ button as shown in an image.
- Now they will ask for permission to use your account, so click on ‘Accept’ button and you done.
So, this is how you can configure WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin and here we have included only those options which you need to change. If you have any query then kindly let us know in comment section below.